Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Catching up! -Check In

Ok, so I know that I haven't updated my blog in forever, and I checked in almost 2 weeks ago, but I'm trying to slowly go over everything that's happened so that everyone at home can keep up with me!

So, I checked into the program on Wednesday, January 18th. Check in started at 9, but my roommates and I (being absolutely crazy) got there at 4:00 am. There are 3 apartment complexes for the interns:  Vista Way, Chatham Square, and Patterson Court. The apartments have from 1-4 bedrooms, with 2 people in each room. So my roommates and I (we met on facebook) really wanted a 3 bedroom in Chatham, so we got to check-in really early. Anyways, they started check-in about an hour early, and the whole process was extremely organized. You can definitely tell that they've done this before. It took about 1 hour, and when we were through with that, we rode a bus over to Casting, which is an office building for Disney. We spent about 2 hours there turning in all kinds of paperwork and finding our locations! :) I found out that I'm working in Discovery Island at Disney's Animal Kingdom! For those of you who don't already know, I'm working in merchandise, so I'll just be working retail in a store.

After we were through with Casting we grabbed lunch and went to move into our new apartment! We like it a lot, it's not super nice, but it's a great location, and my roomies and me get along great! Check-in day was seriously the longest day of my whole life. I was exhausted.

The day after check-in we went grocery shopping and all that good stuff, then we went to the welcome event at Vista Way that was Ohana themed, so Lilo, Stitch, and Minnie and Mickey were there!

So here's my roommates and me! From the left- Demi from Texas, me, Nicole from Georgia, Julia from Arizona, Andrea from New York, and Chelsea from Michigan!

No comments:

Post a Comment