Monday, September 5, 2011

Introductions

So, I know it's still relatively early to be starting this blog, but I am so excited that I just have to! :)

So...My name is Morgan Fitzgerald, and I am planning on applying for the Disney College Program for Spring Advantage 2012. I am 19 years old, and I am a rising sophomore at Meredith College in Raleigh, North Carolina. I am a computer science major, and I'm hoping to eventually be an Imagineer with the Disney company.

Now to talk about the program itself. The official website can be viewed here ---> Disney College Program.

But I'll try to give a quick overview.

The Disney College Program is a paid internship for college students in the United States. This internship offers an opportunity to work with the Disney company at either the Walt Disney World resort in Orlando Florida or the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim California. College students can apply to work in a variety of roles within the parks and the resort hotels, and the program is open to all majors. There are three major components to the program.

Living
Disney has three apartment complexes for their interns, and the rent is taken out of your paycheck weekly.

Learning
Disney offers classes for their interns through Disney University. Some of these classes are accepted for college credit, but this depends on each college individually.

Earning.
Interns work in the parks or the hotels and have a variety of roles to choose from. Interns average 35-40 (I think) hours a week.

This is just a very brief overview, and I will go over everything in more detail later, but here it is! I am SO EXCITED!!!

Have a magical day!

No comments:

Post a Comment